Cosmicism is the literary philosophy developed by H. P. Lovecraft. Lovecraft used the principles below as the foundation of his universe:
- There is no recognizable divine presence, such as a god, in the universe
- Humans are particularly insignificant in the larger scheme of intergalactic existence
- The majority of undiscerning humanity are creatures with the relative significance of insects and plants, when compared to the universe.
- The universe is so ancient that near everything is insignificant. Even the stars.
- Often times characters come to the realization that they are powerless to change anything.
Following these principals, and with a little creativity, you too can create some cosmic horror!
For Lovecraftian inspiration you can find Lovecrafts complete works on Amazon.
I write horror myself. Read my work for free on Kindle Unlimited or Join my mailing list for a free ebook that’s not on Amazon. I will only email you when…
View original post 8 more words